Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My First PG13 Card on Zazzle
This little picture based on a painting of Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema turned out so well I couldn't resist putting it on Zazzle cards and postcards.  What male convalescent doesn't like a good laugh?  And what caregiver doesn't want a male convalescent to have a good laugh?

I grew up around the nude paintings and pencil sketches my father enjoyed doing.  There doesn't seem to be much point in nude cats, though I do occasionally draw some in see- through clothing.  Alma-Tadema, almost alone among his contemporaries, continually hinted at the not-so-nice wild life of the Greeks and the Romans.  The symposium scene I based this on is one such effort.

I have put a number of my drawings on Zazzle products.  Hope you enjoy browsing through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment