Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Joy of an Iridescent Acrylic Medium
I can't say enough good things about Windsor & Newton's Galeria Acrylic Iridescent Medium.  I just discovered this recently, and you can be sure I'm going to figure out ways to order some for Peaypatch.  Everybody who works in acrylics should have this kind of access.

You notice the sky in this picture?   Usually I hate to draw outdoor pictures because I can never get the sky to look right, no matter how pale I make the paint mix.  Even iridescent colors don't really help.  With this medium, you can actually see light behind the sky.  Even the color of the water is a little better, though here there is not much of it.

 I even was able to get a good night effect, as you will see on the top left side of the box.  The picture on the bottom left seems a little darker, but still it is not just grey or black paint.

My father considered Windsor & Newton one of the trusted, prime brands of painting products.  I see he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment